Wayne Larson, Senior Pastor
Wayne was called as the organizing pastor of Redeemer in October of 2000. He graduated from Covenant Theological Seminary in 1997 and later served as the Associate Pastor of Grace Presbyterian Church in Indianapolis, Indiana. Wayne and his wife Janelle give thanks for their many years of marriage and three faithful children.
Redeemer Presbyterian Church is a worshipping community seeking to glorify the Triune God and obediently live out and proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ in our families, neighborhoods, Central Iowa.
We seek to do this through biblically centered worship and instruction, intentional evangelism, deeds of compassion, and true fellowship.
What We Believe
- We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is the revelation of God’s truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that all are sinners and totally unable to save themselves from God’s displeasure, except by His mercy.
- We believe that salvation is by God alone as He sovereignly chooses those He will save. We believe His choice is based on His grace, not on any human individual merit, or foreseen faith.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him alone for salvation.
- We believe that God is gracious and faithful to His people, not simply as individuals but as families in successive generations according to His Covenant promises.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
- We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
A more complete statement of our beliefs may be found in the Westminster Confession of Faith