Saturday Morning Men’s Meeting
To be human is to have doubts about the nature and existence of God. Many people are skeptical of the Bible’s claim that God has revealed Himself through Scripture and through the person of Jesus Christ. Common objections include: How can Christianity say it is the only way? What makes Jesus different from every other religious leader? Hasn’t science disproved the Bible? How can you take the Bible literally?
Perhaps you, like many others, have held, or still hold some of these objections. In January 2020, the Saturday Morning Men’s Meeting will continue its discussion of whether there is reasonable evidence for the existence and nature of God as revealed in the Bible. We will be using Tim Keller’s book, The Reason for God, as the basis for our discussion. During the fall, we discussed Part I of the book, “The Leap of Doubt,” addressing common objections to Christianity. During the spring, the group will discuss Part II, “The Reasons for Faith.” Although we will be utilizing The Reason for God for discussion purposes, it is not required reading–all men are welcome to join in and voice their views and opinions.
Spring 2020 schedule – Part II: The Reasons For Faith
- January 18 – Chapter 8: “The Clues of God”
- February 1 – Chapter 9: “The Knowledge of God”
- February 15 – Chapter 10: “The Problem of Sin”
- February 29 – Chapter 11 “Religion and the Gospel”
- March 14 – Chapter 12: “The (True) Story of the Cross”
- March 28 – Chapter 13: “The Reality of the Resurrection”
- April 11- Chapter 14: “The Dance of God”
All meetings are held at 5001 Hickman Road, Des Moines, Iowa from 8:30 – 10:00 am.